So explain to me why it makes sense for a man not to go to the doctor or emergency room when
1. he is short of breath
2. has an elephant sitting on his chest
3. his arm goes numb
4. his meds make him a bleeder, and after hitting his knee he has a golf ball size lump on his knee that popped when he knelt on it
5. he vomits for unknown reasons a few days a week for weeks
6. he can only gasp for air
7. the top of his thumb is hanging by a vein
8. he has constant diarrhea for weeks
9. he has an immune deficiency and a fever of 103
10. he is dizzy after driving for hours
11. he coughs up nasty mucus for days, and is prone to bronchitis
12. his contact dermatitis is infected
13. his asthma is so severe he uses his inhaler every few hours
14. he gets migraine headaches after playing hours of video games
The above list is the recent experiences I have had with my husband, son, 2 bothers and 2 friends.
I hope that the men in my life will realize the anguish they cause by not going to the doctor. I hope they will come to understand that when they have serious symptoms and refuse to go to the doctor, that every phone call, every unanswered call to them gives me a panic attack because I think the worst has happened.
Men are stupid. Throw rocks at them, is my motto for today.
Instant Pot Christmas Roast
8 years ago
3 comments:
It's a guy thing, definitely. I developed an ear infection so bad I couldn't her out of that ear, and my wife literally stood over me to make sure I made a doctor's appointment. If we're still standing, we're okay, right?
Doctors, directions, and dental floss. Men never ask for 'em.
I do floss every day, Kristi. So there.
Post a Comment