Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Stupid News Reporter

I watched the news last night about the murders in Virginia. The Chief of campus police and the president of the college were visibly upset, rapid blinking of the eyes, sullen expressions, monotone voice, all indications of incredible stress. The police chief was doing his best to answer the questions from reporters, when one ass blurted out several times, "Can you describe the scene?"

Does anyone really want the scene described? Does anyone want a visual of the carnage? Why would someone be that callous? Wasn't it enough to know that 30 plus people were murdered, without having to have a description of the scene?

Stupid reporter!

8 comments:

Johnny Yen said...

Unfortunately, editors demand that of their reporters. One of my closest and oldest friends is a reporter, and hates that aspect of the job-- having to talk to distraught people and ask difficult questions.

SkylersDad said...

I agree with the coverage Cheer, it's really too bad that they have to show up at all.

Cheer34 said...

I know hard questions have to be asked, but to describe the scene, to me, is beyond sensiblity. I do not want to know about the blood, brain matter, burnt flesh, broken bones, twisted bodies, and the facial expressions on the dead. It is like asking the relatives how they feel. Those types of questions are not news. It is for shock value and sensationalism.

Doad said...

The press coverage was uncalled for. I felt the press was trying to put the fault on Va. Tech. It's a large facility. No one has control of another human being, it's just the way it is. It was an unspeakable act and there was no way to stop it. Theyoung man was unstable and he did an unthinkable thing. I feel so sorry for the families and the other students.

bubbles said...

Hard questions need to be asked. But what are the questions and who has the answers?

What alternative does the press have at the spur of the moment?

Me, I want to know what hurt that poor soul so much that he chose this respone? I want all the indifferent people that think that however they treat others, or whatever they do or say, they don't contribute to this kind of pain and response.

I'm not saying he is not accountable. I'm not saying he was justified. But I believe that he was hurting, and I think the world can be a very hurtful place.

How can a reporter get to that? If they could we could ALL do something different TODAY.

Every time each of us encounters another human being we touch a life. A LIFE. That means we can contribute to the pain, or we can help relieve it.

Just my stupid two cents. I'm not a whack job, honest. Just a very sensitive soul that feels sorry for someone that felt that kind of pain. Then inflicted it.

When push comes to shove, we all need to figure out how *we* can change the world.

*We* are all the world has got.

Who said that??? Was that me? Sorry, folks.

GETkristiLOVE said...

Hey, did you just get your first spam comment? You'll be turning on the word verification in no time. ;)

Living near Littleton (and Evergreen for that matter) it's tough to keep hearing the word Columbine every time something like this happens. Yes, let's make the parents of those situations relive everything with the incessant media coverage.

Cheer34 said...

GKL... Is that what the first post is??? I wasn't sure, and did not check out the site because it looks creepy. I may have to trun on word verification yikes!

GETkristiLOVE said...

Yes, it looks very spam-like to me.