Monday, April 2, 2007

Movement

So my husband has lost 7 pounds by running like a mad man on the treadmill for the last 3 months, cutting back on bad foods, and limiting alcohol to weekends. I am maintaining my weight and really need to get back into the groove of movement. Yoga helps me sleep, relax, and clear my mind etc, but not in the cardio department.

Over the weekend we took our dogs to the park an did some hiking. It was nice. The dogs loved it, and they even got to swim in the ponds. I am so out of shape my calf muscles are aching from the hike, we hiked for 45 minutes. At least it was some enjoyable movement.

I am going to go to yoga tonight and hopefully get up in the am and go for a walk. I'll put my Ipod on and listen to Dave. The coffee cup will stay home so I can walk fast and not worry about spilling it.



My reward for walking will be the coffee.

4 comments:

SkylersDad said...

I love walking the dogs early before everyone else is out. It is so peaceful. My dogs are huge swimmers, you can't keep them out of the water, even in the winter if it isn't frozen!

GETkristiLOVE said...

Sounds like me - I rewarded my 45 minute run today with a carafe of margaritas authenticas.

bubbles said...

I was supposed to go for a walk today.... by the time I got all the stupid phone calls made and other business it was already 90 degrees! Yikes. (excuses, excuses...)

Tomorrow. Definitely tomorrow!!

Doad said...

Coffee is a must. The exercise??? Well, maybe. If I can be outside in the dirt I might get some done.
By the way. It was nice to meet you. I'm a little slow to respond sometimes. :)