Last year around this time I posted about spring clean up, this is the link in case you need to refresh your memory, but this year I have found a service that will clean up all the dog poop so I will not have to do the job.
G man went to the cottage with me yesterday, we did some cleaning inside and put some of the deck furniture out on the deck. There remains about 4 inches of snow on the deck so we could not use it, we wore sneakers instead of boots. I think next week we get the new furniture delivered, a sofa, love seat and 2, not one, dining tables and chairs.
For some reason G man wanted to have seating for 8-10 people inside for eating. To me that idea is silly. Most people sit outside to eat when the weather is nice. If the weather sucks no one comes around. Usually it is just G man and me. So I am not sure why we need seating for 8-10. He also wanted to have available more sleeping surfaces. The cottage has beds enough for 6 people. Most of our friends have cottages not far away, if my family comes down they do not spend the night, the kids friends don't sleep over. So again I am not sure why he wanted more beds. We compromised and purchased a non sleeper sofa, but 2 dining tables.
Our lawn guy, he's my eye candy, will start the yard clean up in a few weeks. Before he does I need to pick up all the gutter leaf blocker things that blew out of the gutters over the winter, the newspapers that the dogs did not bring in, the trash from bins that blew into our yard from the neighbors, re stack the wood pile that fell over, and pick up all of the dog toys that got frozen into the snow and ice. Maybe I'll find some missing socks. Jack likes to take socks outside with him in the morning. Most of the time I catch him before he's out the door, but not always.
I am not sure if I should remove the couple of bird nests near the front and back doors. If I leave them maybe that will deter the robins from building new nests and making a nuisance of themselves. Does any one know if birds will reuse an old nest?
Instant Pot Christmas Roast
8 years ago
3 comments:
Wait, down clean before your lawn guy comes - you want him to be there as LONG as possible, right?
We have a bunch of house finches that reuse the same spots, but I've never seen them reuse the nests. Nothing more gross than an old nest.
GKL: Oh yeah...as long as possible
Post a Comment